Why Do Hippies Still Exist in America? I really Love this Blog!

Posted on by Joe McEvoy

Stephenson Billings,christwire.org – From televised street protests to suburban shopping malls, it’s a shocking sight to see groups of ragged, longhaired hippies still prowling the American landscape. Once thought of as a temporary youth trend, these anti-societal, marijuana-loving civil liberation types have proven surprisingly resilient. Their hatred of Christian-American patriotism continues to be one of their most recognizable traits. As a new generation is indoctrinated into this lifestyle, the risk they pose to this nation’s foundation of morality is once again reaching a critical level.

The fact that a teenage fashion fad from the 1960s has survived this long is stunning. These are people who have managed to deny every positive cultural change of the last 50 years. Loathe to contribute to our domestic economy, they have long eschewed the acceptable consumerism so vital for our engines of growth despite the diversity of affordable products available to every citizen. They avoided the raw masculinity and progressive politics of the Reagan years. They turned their backs on the groundswell of Judeo-Christian faith that has dominated this country since the 80s. In post 9/11 era, they were one of the few holdouts against the flowering of pro-American nationalism so crucial in a time of terror and war. Tragically, they played the role of “useful idiots” for our enemies in Europe, the Middle East and even in China. They banged their drum circles outside the White House when President Bush planned to take down the worst dictators of the Middle East. They protested against the imprisonment of our most dangerous terrorist enemies at home and in prisons abroad. They fought against profiling and advanced interrogation techniques, they organized secret radical cells on very own soil and they have clogged countless courts with their endless attempts to derail our democracy of moral decency.

Even worse, they have lured a new generation into the tactics of perpetual protest. As martyrs, enemies and agitators, they represent the antithesis of Constitutional Americanism. They are against every tradition that has made this country great and have nothing to offer in a constructive or positive sense. They want to tear our world apart so that they may dance in the shadow of our crumbling faith. And in that darkness, hidden away from common sense and ethical living, they engage in the most vile, bestial acts. Sexual liberation leading to multiple partners, orgies, homosexuality, lesbianism, voyeurism, teen sex and chemically-fueled perversion are all part of their plan. They have perverted medical science and our legal system to such an extent that deadly street drugs like marijuana are now decriminalized and available to our children at any bus stop. They have no compunction against teaching our young to rebel and to hate, to despise Christian teachings and to avoid the responsibility we all have towards our Creator. Instead, they worship Mother Gaia and her tree faeries, witchcraft, the cult of self-indulgence, masturbation, and any form of abuse. They take great pride in spreading their foul disease to young and old alike, drawing blood oaths from the innocent or feeble-minded, anyone to grow their political numbers and push this country closer to a socialist dictatorship.

Hippies are predominantly white and they have used that unfairly to their political advantage. They appear at PTA meetings and town events pretending to represent normal society. They avoid police stops on our roads by tucking their long hair back into their shirts and driving moderately, no matter what incredible amounts of mind-bending psychotropics they have just ingested. Under the radar of sturdy Americanism, they live out a prolonged adolescence where the they chase a nightmarish list of kicks: marijuana, hashish, LSD, heroin, magic mushrooms, ice, nitrous oxide, crystal meth, Oxycotton, opium, Nexus, MDMA, GHB, mescaline and more. Spending all their time in this balmy, criminal world, they know nothing of hard work. Instead, the adult hippie will resolve every complex life dilemma with a bong hit. Whether it’s at music concerts, watching television shows or even on the internet, they float by in a perpetual “purple” haze seeking highs from nudity and corporeal violation, profanity and slovenliness, entirely divorced from manliness and decency. Read more…

21 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Hagbard Celine September 26, 2013 at 1:29 pm - Reply

They still exist because they are needed. They still exist because there is still war, injustice, racism and destructive materialism in the world. They still exist to remind the fake “christians” of what they are supposed to be: people who love one another, and value the well-being of their fellow humans over gold and diamonds. Remember that Jesus guy in your Bible? Who did he rail against the most? Hypocrites! Religious hypocrites, who proclaimed how good and pure they were, but refused to help the poor, and advocated harsh punishments for every vice, however minor. It’s a message that still resonates today, if you can only hear it.

2. Chris September 26, 2013 at 11:21 am - Reply

I can’t wait until they legalize it and you are forced to see it everyday. Is that close to your version of hell? I hope so.

3. Malcolm Kyle September 26, 2013 at 11:20 am - Reply

“They constantly cruise the internet looking for fluid-drenched intergeneration erotic encounters with innocent overweight housewives in disused graveyards. Simply put, they will take any opportunity to inject their hippy semen into our jiggly bellies of wholesomeness.”

4. NIGGA HIPPIE August 20, 2013 at 11:17 am - Reply

Ayo this article say all them hippies be white. Nigga im black, fuck your tryin to say? Nigga fuck you!

5. bob seager November 1, 2011 at 12:30 pm - Reply

Billy, we’ve found the Tea Party…

6. Susan Gerry September 30, 2011 at 2:31 pm - Reply

You know nothing about hippies or how unkind “practising Christians” can be. Hippies were not truly about moral laxity. They were protesting the way the world was – and to a great extent still is. True hippies are anti-establishment but very pro-humanitarian actions.

7. nicky September 20, 2011 at 4:20 pm - Reply

Is this for real?

8. Keith September 20, 2011 at 3:06 pm - Reply

40 years later, hippies’ grandkids are still proudly wearing Led Zeppelin T-shirts… sad that your grandkids will be the only losers wearing Toby Keith T-shirts… may their friends have as good a laugh on them as most of us are having on this steaming puddle of offal and you…

9. Lionel Gambill September 19, 2011 at 10:48 pm - Reply

Who is the idiot who wrote that piece? I was already over the hill when I moved to the Haight-Ashbury in 1967, and yes, hard drugs were already tainting what had only recently been the Summer of Love, but the change in values from the vacuous, hideous, phony, semi-fascist fifties was refreshing and much-needed. That Christmas was my loneliest ever, so I went for a walk on the Haight, and along came a beautiful dancing young woman carrying an armful of flowers, With a hearty “MERRY CHRISTMAS!” she handed me a flower, and I stood there momentarily stunned and with what I’m sure was a silly smile on my face. Yes, there was a dark side too, but the changed values are still part of, perhaps the most valuable and needed part of our national life. What I find most amazing is that we have had generation after generation of young hippies. Much of our consciousness today was born in the playfulness and the struggles for civil rights and an end to the immoral Vietnam War. When Nixon ordered the evacuation of our troops from Vietnam he conceded that the massive protests had forced his hand.

10. Charlene Smith September 19, 2011 at 7:58 pm - Reply

You are a complete moronic idiot by the way. Talk about my religion again, and I there will be consequences.

11. Charlene Smith September 19, 2011 at 7:48 pm - Reply

What an assfuckface. You should come to my college. Green Mountain College. It’s full of ’em. And we’ll lynch ya! Peace

12. Dewey Fish September 19, 2011 at 6:02 pm - Reply

And Before I Forget, Please be sure To Tose ALL INCUMBENTS Out On Their Ear and Give another Citizen a Chance to Run Things…
    Demand Instant Recalls and Term Limits NOW!
    Just Because You Think Your Rep is GREAT, Don’t Be Fooled… Money Corrupts and Big Money Corrupts Bigger!

13. Dewey Fish September 19, 2011 at 5:56 pm - Reply

And By The Way, Contrary To This Authors assertion that Hippy’s are LAZY, I work in the construction trade in Temperatures Will Over 100 Degrees on a GOOD Day and I Barely Break 100 Dollars Per Day… And I LOVE what I Do… Hows That For Lazy… Not To Mention Working In My Garden From The Time I Get Home in the Evening Until Usually Way After Dark! Someboy Bust Up… I Need a Break!

14. Dewey Fish September 19, 2011 at 5:44 pm - Reply

I am An Old Hippy and I can Tell You That Old Hippy’s NEVER DIE… They Just Smell That way! It is Because Of Their GREAT SPIRITS and Rebellious Natures… Or More Likely, It’s Probably Just Pot Breath…
    ALL Hippy’s Alert::: Watch This Life Changing Movie NOW!
    And DON’T Keep It To Yourself, Pass It Around…

15. David Lemmo September 19, 2011 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Most hippies aren’t the doped out overgrown adolescents they are portrayed to be by the WASP majority of the media. There are many different levels of hippie. Many are integrated into today’s pluralistic society and not beyond the edge of the fringe. Most I’ve seen have never even touched a cigarette as far as I can tell. I my self consider my self to be a mixture of Hippie and Yipie though I maintain moderate integration into mainstream society, and I have never used drugs or smoked tobacco.

16. Stani Steinbock September 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm - Reply

White collar conservative flashing down the street
    he’s pointing his plastic finger at me
    he wishes my kind would drop and die
    but I’m gonna wave my freak flag high… high!

-Jimi Hendrix “If 6 was 9”

17. tye September 19, 2011 at 3:58 pm - Reply

I’m SO PROUD to be a hippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. D Rotterman September 19, 2011 at 3:28 pm - Reply

The author must have just seen the movie, “Reefer Madness.” Or are they an evangelist, or a corporatist. Bet the author hasn’t had as much fun as I’ve had. Too bad, they and the world would be a lot happier. Peace and Love.

19. Lynn Della September 18, 2011 at 3:02 am - Reply

Oh, please tell me this is supposed to be satire …!

20. Bill Hupp September 17, 2011 at 6:31 pm - Reply

And I left the same comment on the site….

21. Bill Hupp September 17, 2011 at 6:26 pm - Reply

They exist because they haven’t seen a better way to live yet……

Leave A Response